Virtual Community Meeting & Webinar: Help Reduce Sewage Overflows, Street Flooding & Hudson River Pollution in North Hudson County towns
April 12 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Hoboken, Weehawken & West New York! Make Your Voice Heard with New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) in April.
Organizing Meeting and Learning Webinar
Co-hosted by the Sewage-Free Streets and Rivers campaign and the Jersey Water Works (JWW) Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Committee
April 12, 2023, 7:00–8:30 p.m.
Sign up here to attend the event OR stay involved in the process!
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) is looking for YOUR input on proposed projects to reduce sewage overflows and local wastewater flooding in Hoboken, Weehawken, West New York, and the Hudson River.
Now is your chance to weigh in before plans are finalized. Help ensure the projects provide maximum benefits to public and environmental health in that region and stop polluting the precious Hudson River.
There are two chances to weigh in on the draft North Hudson Sewerage Authority CSO permits:
- At the April 17 Virtual NJDEP Hearings (oral comments). Bookmark this page. Log-in information will be posted here on April 17.
- Written comments are due to NJDEP by May 15. Email them to email@example.com.
Join the April 12 meeting/webinar so we can support you to participate and offer your comments with ease and impact!
If you live or work in Hoboken, Weehawken, West New York, are a community organization there, OR care about the Hudson River, we highly encourage your participation!
During this workshop, we’ll make it simple to understand:
- What Combined Sewer Systems (CSSs) and Combined Sewer Overflows (CSOs) are and what negative impacts they have.
- Why these NJDEP CSO permits are important for protecting the environment and public health.
- What strategies, projects, and public engagement efforts should be included and what is missing.
- How to advocate effectively and provide comments before the permits are finalized (in writing and during oral testimony).
Please sign up even if you or your organization can’t join the meeting/webinar, so we can email you suggestions, tips, and a Digital Communications Toolkit to enhance your participation in the public comment period! Email us anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CSO Permits for Hoboken, Weehawken & West New York: